Dr. John McElveen, MD is accepting new patients on Healthline FindCare. You can check to see if Dr. McElveen is offering online scheduling or call the provider’s office for more information.
Dr. John McElveen, MD
Overview of Dr. John McElveen, MD
Dr. John McElveen, MD is an Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Raleigh, NC. They specialize in Ear, Nose, and Throat, has 45 years of experience, and is board certified in Otolaryngology. They graduated from UNIV OF NC CHAPEL HILL SCH OF MED|University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill and is affiliated with Rex Hospital, Duke Health Raleigh Hospital, Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital and WakeMed Raleigh Campus. Dr. McElveen, completed a residency at Stanford Med Center. Patients rated Dr. McElveen an average 4.5 star rating.
Dr. McElveen works at
Dr. McElveen's Office Locations
- Rex Hospital
- Duke Health Raleigh Hospital
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital
- WakeMed Raleigh Campus
Experience & Treatment Frequency
View All Accepted Carriers
- Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Planned Administration Inc
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Ratings & Reviews
How was your appointment with Dr. McElveen?
About Dr. John McElveen, MD
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- 45 years of experience
- English, Dutch and German
Education & Certifications
- House Ear Inst/House Ear Clin
- Stanford Med Center
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
- UNIV OF NC CHAPEL HILL SCH OF MED|University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
- Otolaryngology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. McElveen has indicated that they do offer telehealth services. Please call the provider’s office at for more information.
Dr. McElveen works at
Dr. McElveen has seen patients for Otitis Media, Vertigo and Meniere's Disease, and more. You can see other conditions treated by Dr. McElveen on their profile. Please call the provider’s office to confirm all visit reasons.
Dr. McElveen speaks Dutch and German.
81 patients have reviewed Dr. McElveen. The overall rating for this provider is 4.5. You can read verified reviews and ratings and leave your own review based on your experience with Dr. McElveen.
Whether a person prefers to schedule an appointment online or over the phone with Dr. McElveen, there are benefits to both methods. A person calling to schedule an with Dr. McElveen appointment can ask questions about the practice, provider availability, conditions treated, procedures performed, and if their insurance carrier is accepted. While online scheduling is quicker, easier, allows one to view a wide range of appointment times, and may provide the ability to sync with a personal calendar.