Dr. R David Heekin, MD is accepting new patients on Healthline FindCare. You can check to see if Dr. Heekin is offering online scheduling or call the provider’s office for more information.
Dr. R David Heekin, MD
Overview of Dr. R David Heekin, MD
Dr. R David Heekin, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. They specialize in Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery, has 38 years of experience. They graduated from Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and is affiliated with Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County Hospital, Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital, Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville and Uf Health Jacksonville.
Dr. Heekin works at
Dr. Heekin's Office Locations
Heekin Clinic2 Shircliff Way Ste 605, Jacksonville, FL 32204 Directions (904) 328-5979Monday8:00am - 5:00pmTuesday8:00am - 5:00pmWednesday8:00am - 5:00pmThursday8:00am - 5:00pmFriday8:00am - 5:00pmSaturdayClosedSundayClosed
- Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Uf Health Jacksonville
Experience & Treatment Frequency
View All Accepted Carriers
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- Bluegrass Family Health
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Florida
- First Health
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Mayo Clinic
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Meritain Health
- Principal Financial Group
- Private HealthCare Systems
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Ratings & Reviews
How was your appointment with Dr. Heekin?
Had both hips replaced (2008 and 2010); wife had knee replaced. We're in our 80's now. No problem over the years; none now! We wish the good doctor the best. God bless him!
About Dr. R David Heekin, MD
- Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
- 38 years of experience
Education & Certifications
- Anderson Research Institute
- U. S. Army Garrison Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Heekin has an average wait time of 16 – 30 minutes at their office(s).
Dr. Heekin accepts Aetna, Anthem and Blue Cross Blue Shield, and other major insurance plans. Please call ahead to confirm all accepted insurance plans.
Dr. Heekin has indicated that they do offer telehealth services. Please call the provider’s office at for more information.
Dr. Heekin works at
Dr. Heekin has seen patients for Joint Pain, Osteoarthritis and Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain, and more. You can see other conditions treated by Dr. Heekin on their profile. Please call the provider’s office to confirm all visit reasons.
118 patients have reviewed Dr. Heekin. The overall rating for this provider is 4.3. You can read verified reviews and ratings and leave your own review based on your experience with Dr. Heekin.
Whether a person prefers to schedule an appointment online or over the phone with Dr. Heekin, there are benefits to both methods. A person calling to schedule an with Dr. Heekin appointment can ask questions about the practice, provider availability, conditions treated, procedures performed, and if their insurance carrier is accepted. While online scheduling is quicker, easier, allows one to view a wide range of appointment times, and may provide the ability to sync with a personal calendar.