Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD is accepting new patients on Healthline FindCare. You can check to see if Dr. Axelrod is offering online scheduling or call the provider’s office for more information.
Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD
Overview of Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD
Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD is a Medical Oncology Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. They specialize in Medical Oncology, has 53 years of experience, and is board certified in Hematology. They graduated from New York University School of Medicine and is affiliated with Jefferson Methodist Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Dr. Axelrod works at
Dr. Axelrod's Office Locations
Jefferson Neoplastic Diseases925 Chestnut St Ste 320, Philadelphia, PA 19107 Directions (484) 381-0254
Experience & Treatment Frequency
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- Capital Blue Cross
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Consumer Health Network
- Coventry Health Care
- Devon Health
- First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Keystone Health Plan East
- One Net
- Private HealthCare Systems
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Ratings & Reviews
How was your appointment with Dr. Axelrod?
About Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD
- Medical Oncology
- 53 years of experience
Education & Certifications
- Lankenau Hospital
- Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Health Sciences University
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- New York University School of Medicine
- Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
- Jefferson Methodist Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Axelrod accepts Aetna, Anthem and Blue Cross Blue Shield, and other major insurance plans. Please call ahead to confirm all accepted insurance plans.
Dr. Axelrod has indicated that they do offer telehealth services. Please call the provider’s office at for more information.
Dr. Axelrod works at
Dr. Axelrod has seen patients for Lung Cancer and Secondary Malignancies, and more. You can see other conditions treated by Dr. Axelrod on their profile. Please call the provider’s office to confirm all visit reasons.
116 patients have reviewed Dr. Axelrod. The overall rating for this provider is 4.9. You can read verified reviews and ratings and leave your own review based on your experience with Dr. Axelrod.
Whether a person prefers to schedule an appointment online or over the phone with Dr. Axelrod, there are benefits to both methods. A person calling to schedule an with Dr. Axelrod appointment can ask questions about the practice, provider availability, conditions treated, procedures performed, and if their insurance carrier is accepted. While online scheduling is quicker, easier, allows one to view a wide range of appointment times, and may provide the ability to sync with a personal calendar.