Dr. Dewan has an average wait time of 10 – 15 minutes at their office(s).
Dr. Stephen Dewan, MD
Overview of Dr. Stephen Dewan, MD
Dr. Stephen Dewan, MD is a Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialist in Austin, TX. They specialize in Cardiothoracic Surgery, has 44 years of experience, and is board certified in Thoracic Surgery. They graduated from Baylor College Of Medicine|Baylor University and is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center, Ascension Seton Hays, Ascension Seton Williamson, Heart Hospital of Austin, St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's South Austin Medical Center and The Hospital At Westlake Medical Center.
Dr. Dewan works at
Find providers based on your care needs
Dr. Dewan's Office Locations
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons1010 W 40TH ST, Austin, TX 78756 Directions (512) 503-5056Monday8:00am - 5:00pmTuesday8:00am - 5:00pmWednesday8:00am - 5:00pmThursday8:00am - 5:00pmFriday8:00am - 5:00pm
- St. David's Medical Center
- Ascension Seton Hays
- Ascension Seton Williamson
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- The Hospital At Westlake Medical Center
Experience & Treatment Frequency
View All Accepted Carriers
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health
- Health Advantage
- Private HealthCare Systems
- Texas True Choice
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Ratings & Reviews
How was your appointment with Dr. Dewan?
Dr Dewan is wonderful! I can’t say enough good things about him. He did remedial heart surgery on me, after surgery in Houston failed after a year. He is very skilled, an exceptional surgeon, and very caring. If Dr Dewan is your surgeon, you will be blessed.
About Dr. Stephen Dewan, MD
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- 44 years of experience
Education & Certifications
- Baylor College Of Medicine|Baylor College Of Medicine|Children's Hospital|University of Pennsylvania - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia|University of Pennsylvania - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Baylor University|University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio|University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Baylor College Of Medicine|Baylor University
- Thoracic Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Dewan accepts Aetna, Anthem and Blue Cross Blue Shield, and other major insurance plans. Please call ahead to confirm all accepted insurance plans.
Dr. Dewan has indicated that they do offer telehealth services. Please call the provider’s office at for more information.
Dr. Dewan works at
23 patients have reviewed Dr. Dewan. The overall rating for this provider is 4.8. You can read verified reviews and ratings and leave your own review based on your experience with Dr. Dewan.
Whether a person prefers to schedule an appointment online or over the phone with Dr. Dewan, there are benefits to both methods. A person calling to schedule an with Dr. Dewan appointment can ask questions about the practice, provider availability, conditions treated, procedures performed, and if their insurance carrier is accepted. While online scheduling is quicker, easier, allows one to view a wide range of appointment times, and may provide the ability to sync with a personal calendar.